CALL FOR ARTIST TUTORS!
Call for Artist Tutors
Penarth Arts & Crafts Ltd in partnership with The Washington Gallery, Penarth have run Arts Education Outreach workshops since 2001 and through funding from Children in Need, have been able to continue with this work throughout 2012. We are now planning our 2013 workshop schedule and are working with some fantastic new client groups this year including YMCA Wales and LATCH.
We are calling for professional artist tutors with varied experience in working with disabled and disadvantaged children and young people to run a range of in-house and outreach workshops in 2013.
All tutors must:
- Have an up-to-date enhanced CRB disclosure (and be able to provide copies of this)
- Have experience of working with disabled and disadvantaged children and young people
- Have knowledge and skills relating to arts and crafts (varied or specialised). This can include photography, music, film-making and other media specialisms.
- Be able to travel (either with own mode of transport or public transport)
- Have an up-to-date CV (listing relevant experience)
- Be able to work within hospitals/clinics
- Be able to work varied hours
- Be able to work to a brief (if needed) and design fun and innovative arts projects for children and young people of varying abilities (one off workshops and longer group projects)
Tutor fees, materials and travel will be paid for.
If you wish to research the client groups that we will be working in 2013, please find details below:
- Action For Children (Vale Young Carers Project – Providing respite and relaxation in a social atmosphere for children aged up to 16 caring for a parent or family member)
- Beechwood Residential College (Working with young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Asperger’s Syndrome)
- Barnardo’s (Community Links – providing leisure opportunities for children and young people with varying disabilities)
- YMCA Wales (Czech Roma Group: working with Romani children and Young People in Cardiff helping to beat social isolation and seclusion/ Young Carers Group: Providing respite and relaxation in a social atmosphere for children aged up to 16 caring for a parent or family member.)
- LATCH (Young Brain Tumour Patients: social activities for those with terminal cancers and those in remission/ Siblings of Children and Young people with Cancer: providing social activities and emotional/group support)
Deadline for applications is Sunday 6th January 2013
Please send all applications to Abi Trotman (Education Officer) at email@example.com with the title ‘Children in Need Tutors 2013’.
Please make sure you attach a CV, a scan of your up-to-date enhanced CRB disclosure and a cover letter/statement.
We will aim to contact successful applicants by Wednesday 16th January 2013, at which point you will be asked to attend The Washington Gallery (Penarth) for an informal discussion.
Due to the high number of applicants we receive we may not be able to send a receipt of your application or notify you if you have not been successful.
Oriel Washington Gallery
1-3 Washington Buildings
02920 712 100